Meta Description Pixel Width Checker
How to optimize a meta description?
The meta description (and title) tag influences your SEO in a significant way. First of all, if your meta exceeds the number of characters or pixels allowed, it will be automatically truncated by Google. If your meta respects the ideal size, they will immediately have more visibility and clarity on the page. Remember, Google analyzes the semantics of your meta to interpret the content of the page!
Become a meta expert for Google
It's not enough to write a simple meta description for it to be optimized. Knowing the maximum number of characters and pixels is essential in 2022 for the optimization of metas. With our tool, you only need one click to check if your meta will not be truncated by Google. This tool aims to help you save time on the optimization of your site.
How to make your meta a success?
In 2022, every detail counts for any website. When you do a search on Google or another engine, what is the trigger that will make you click on one site rather than another? It is obviously the first words in the title and description meta tags. It is in a few seconds that our choice to click or not is made. It is therefore essential to take care of your meta as much as possible to maximise your visits and sales!
We have collected for you all the good advice to be at the top of the meta on the internet. Because you now know that everything is played out in just a few thousandths of a second, all advice is good to take to succeed on the first try.
Creating a great meta title
Here are some basic rules to start writing your meta title:
- - Define your page's keyword and use it as the main query of your meta title
- - The main keyword should be in the first 4 words at most
- - If you want to separate your text into two parts, it is better to use a "-" rather than a ".
- - For more receptivity on the part of the reader, do not hesitate to capitalize your keyword(s)
- - Be careful not to write two similar meta titles, as this could confuse the search engine bots
- - Your brand name should appear in the majority of your meta titles
- - Absolutely every page on your website must have a meta title, without which the search engine will take a random sentence from your text
- - If possible, differentiate your meta title from the H1 of your page
The best meta descriptions
Discover all our tips for a perfect meta description here:
- - Make sure you have your main topic stated in the first 6-7 words of your description
- - Ideally, deconstruct your description into no more than two distinct sentences
- - A first sentence with the main topic and keywords with impactful words like "discover, find, here etc"
- - A second sentence to give additional information by indicating what the reader will find on the page if they click on the link. Make them a promise that they won't be disappointed
- - Modify your keywords and use synonyms of the main keywords in the meta title to hope to be found in queries close to yours
- - Use sentences with verbs and complements, you don't want to sound like a robot to the search engine
- - All the pages of your website must contain a meta description
What character length for optimised metas?
There are several schools of thought regarding the word/character count to ensure that your meta is fully optimized in the eyes of search engines and not truncated with "(...)". When your meta title or description is truncated, you risk losing hundreds of visitors quickly because they will not have had the main information at the beginning of your meta.
If the latter has been truncated it is because it has been judged too long by the engine and the latter may even choose to take a random sentence from your text to illustrate the meta description and title.
Here is what we recommend so that you can be sure you have the right length of meta :
- - Meta Title :
- - Maximum size: 580px or 60 characters
- - Minimum size: 285px or 30 characters
- - Meta description :
- - Maximum size: 920px or 155 characters
- - Minimum size: 430px or 70 characters
Some sites will have more or less, there is no real predefined and exact rule, but this is what we use so that we are never too much above or too little below the rules set by the search engines.
Top tips for writing a powerful meta description
The relationship between your content and your meta description is essential. The sentences in this tag should be related to the topic of the article; they should never be totally disconnected or deal with unrelated topics.
In general, it is advisable to incorporate the main keywords of the page into the description, always trying to do so in a natural and organic way, without resorting to or abusing keyword stuffing. The link should be a call to action for the reader. Never publish anything that is difficult to understand or unconvincing; instead, pique readers' interest and persuade them that the information on our website is the best solution to their initial problem or need.
A direct call to action, a clear description of what the page is about, an anticipation of the main points of the content or a direct answer to a question (to be developed in the on-page content), and the launch of a benefit that waits for the reader to click on the result are other SEO content writing strategies we can consider using to achieve these results.
Optimizing a meta title
When developing title tags keep the user in mind. The title should be simple to read.
Avoid using only upper or lower case letters in title tags. To emphasise certain parts of the tag, combine them and use upper case letters.
In title tags, avoid using special characters such as dashes (-), vertical bars (|) or commas (,) several times.
Make it understandable to the user and informative.
Do not overuse keywords in your title tags. You run the risk of not appearing for any of these keywords.
By starting your title tag with your most crucial keywords, you let search engines know that these are the phrases that best describe the page in question.
Ideally, you should develop a catchy title and use one or two keywords. Instead of using individual keywords, think in terms of important phrases.